Subject: [lmap] Change to draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-18

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 15:30:06 -0400

Hi all,

An issue was discovered during AUTH48 processing of
draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-18.

Section 3.11.3. Definition of ma-calendar-obj contains:

 object {
        [datetime            ma-calendar-start;]
        [datetime            ma-calendar-end;]
        [string              ma-calendar-months<0..*>;]
        [string              ma-calendar-days-of-week<0..*>;]
        [string              ma-calendar-days-of-month<0..*>;]
        [string              ma-calendar-hours<0..*>;]
        [string              ma-calendar-minutes<0..*>;]
        [string              ma-calendar-seconds<0..*>;]
        [int                 ma-calendar-timezone-offset;]
     } ma-calendar-obj;

...

 ma-calendar-timezone-offset:  The optional timezone offest in hours.
                                 If not present, it defaults to the
                                 system's local timezone.

It was noted by Philip Eardley that "There are a few countries
/regions with half hour timezone offsets, and even a couple with 45
minutes! Unix offsets seem to be in >seconds. Rfc3339 mentions offsets
in minutes. "

and so we will be changing the definition to be:
ma-calendar-timezone-offset:  The optional timezone offest in minutes.
                                 If not present, it defaults to the
                                 system's local timezone.

I cannot see this causing *major* issue for anyone, but please scream
loudly by Monday it causes serious issues for you.

W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf