Subject: Revised MDHCP spec

From: Steve Hanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 17:32:57 -0500 (EST)

I have just submitted a revised version of the MDHCP spec to the 
Internet Drafts editor, so it should show up on the IETF site eventually. For 
now, I have placed a copy of the spec on the malloc web site. You can download 
it from http://north.east.isi.edu/malloc/draft-ietf-malloc-mdhcp-01.txt

This revision closes almost all of the open issues in the previous draft. A 
summary of the changes included in this revision appears at the end of this 
note.

Comments are welcome and should be directed to the malloc mailing list.

Thanks,

Steve Hanna

---------------

   CHANGES FROM draft-ietf-malloc-mdhcp-00.txt

   Port number assigned.

   Removed unused chaddr, sname, and file fields.

   Split MDHCP option space from DHCP.

   Changed technique for choosing MDHCP Server Multicast Addresses when
   initial requests fail.

   Added Requested Language option.

   Added language tags and multiple names per zone to the Multicast
   Scope List option.