Subject: Revised MADCAP going to Working Group Last Call

From: "Steve & Libby Hanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:01:17 -0500

I have posted a new version of the MADCAP spec to
http://north.east.isi.edu/malloc/draft-ietf-malloc-madcap-03.txt and sent a
copy to the Internet Drafts editor. This version reflects comments received
on the last version. Appendix B of the document includes a summary of the
changes made in this version (which I have listed below).

Since the working group seems to be approaching consensus on this document,
I would like to call for a two week Working Group Last Call. Please read
this document and provide comments to the malloc list or to the document
authors. At the end of this Last Call period, the document will be revised
as necessary and, if rough consensus has been achieved, sent to the IESG
with a request that it be approved for publication as a Proposed Standard.

If you have been putting off reading this document, NOW is the time!

Thanks,

Steve Hanna

P.S. As I said in my message yesterday, I'm going on vacation for a week.
I'll be
back 1/25/99 and won't be checking email until then. This time I mean it!

-----------------

   CHANGES FROM draft-ietf-malloc-mdhcp-02.txt

   Removed randomization from retransmission.

   Added client identifier type.

   Changed section 2.2.1 so that in response to an INFORM with the
   option request list option, a scope list need only be returned
   if the scope list option was specifically requested.

   Added Maximum Start Time and Minimum Lease Time options.

   Changed address types to use IANA-registered address family numbers.

   Changed IPv6 support to use SCOP 3 instead of SCOP 5 for default
   MADCAP Server Multicast Address.

   Added back Unicast Address Allocation example.

   Various clarifications and corrections.