Subject: Email to malloc@catarina restricted to list members

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:39:26 -0700

Because of the large amount of spam email sent to the ML,
the posting now is restricted only to list members.
All email by non-list members will go to the ML administrator
(i.e. me) for approval. What does it mean?

* No more spam to the ML (unless the spammer somehow
  successfully subscribes to the ML first ;)
* If you are not-subscribed (and somehow are reading this ;),
  your email will be delayed until I approve it
* If you are subscriber to the ML, but are sending from a different
  account and/or somehow your "From" address is different from
  the address majordomo has, then your email to the list will
  be delayed intil I approve it (hopefully this will be rare)
* I still get all the spam ;)

Any ideas/hints how to deal better with the problem are
welcome.

Thanks,
Pavlin

P.S. Sent from my non-subscriber account, and then approved
P.P.S. This policy affects only malloc@catarina; other MLs
on catarina are not affected