Subject: MASC draft update

From: Pavlin Ivanov Radoslavov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 18:09:47 -0700

I just submitted an update of the MASC I-D. In the mean time (until
it appears on the ftp servers), you can get a copy of it
from MASC homepage:
http://netweb.usc.edu/masc/

The major changes/updates are:

   o  MASC Domain ID changed from 16 to 32 bits

   o  No Appropriate Parent Prefix, No Appropriate Child Prefix, No
      Appropriate Internal Prefix, and No Appropriate Sibling Prefix
      Error Subcodes added to UPDATE Message Errors

   o  UPDATE Message Processing refined

   o  UPDATE Messages Ordering subsection added

   o  Bootup Operations, Leaf MASC Domain Operation, Clock Skew
      Workaround subsections added (all in Operational Consideration
      section)

   o  Security Considerations section updated

   o  APPENDIX A (Sample Algorithms) written

Please send your comments to the ML.

Thanks,
Pavlin