Subject: AAP draft quick comments

From: Pavlin Ivanov Radoslavov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 23:21:27 -0700

1) Packet Formats (Section 4):
  * Signature type has to be 3 bytes instead of 4 (this applies to
the text that explains that entry)
  * Probably there should be a separate explanation entry for the
P-bit, instead of only mentioning it in the SLEN text

2) The ASA (Address-Set-Announce) message should have entry with
total number of sets in the message

3) The bit-mask in ASA message should be just the
opposite (for consistency with "traditional" (?) use of bit-mask, if
such thing exists of course ;) E.g. the
mask in the example should be 0xfffeff00 instead of 0x000100ff.
At least, the MASC draft/code uses the former definition/form of
bit-mask, so it will be less confising if the whole malloc
architecture uses the same definition. BTW, what bitmask definition
other drafts/code use?

4) All other messages (ACLM, AITU, AIU, ASRP) do not have mask
field. A 'Mask' field and 'Number of Entries' field should be added
to each of those messages.

5) Address-Space-Report (ASRP) message does not include the MASC
prefix description <address, bitmask> a pair of <number of addresses,
end time> should be associated with.

6) If the MAAS needs more addresses than the MASC servers currently
have/advertise, MAAS should somehow inform the amount of addresses
MASC should allocate. Section 4.2.6 (ASRP description) has a
paragraph re. "if the address space is insufficient", but it is not
clear. If the ASRP messages include the description of the MASC
prefixes each pair <# of addresses, end time> should be associated
with, then sending a report re. MASC prefix <addr = 0, mask = large
enough to "cover" the requested number of addresses>
can be used to inform the MASC servers that they need to allocate
more addresses.

Thanks,
Pavlin