Subject: MASC I-D

From: Pavlin Ivanov Radoslavov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:04:19 -0700

I've just submitted draft-ietf-malloc-masc-04.txt. Until it appears
in the I-D directory, you can get a copy of it from
http://netweb.usc.edu/masc/draft-ietf-malloc-masc-04.txt

Below is the list of changes (most of them are due to Dave's
detailed comments and suggestions):

 * OPEN message format modification:
   - AddrFam field added
   - Sender Domain ID, Sender MASC Node ID, Parent's Domain ID are
     variable length (depend on AddrFam: 4 octets for IPv4, 16 octets
     for IPv6) instead of fixed length of 4 octets.
   - The three IDs above are re-ordered
 * UPDATE message format modification:
   - Origin Domain ID and Origin Node ID are variable length (4
     octets for IPv4; 16 octets for IPv6)
   - The fixed length fields (Timestamp, Lifetime, Holdtime) are
     moved in front of the variable length fields.
   - The "A-bit" (the Active prefix bit) is renamed to D-bit
     (Deprecated prefix bit), and its polarity is reversed: if
     reset, the prefix is Active, otherwise is Deprecated.
   - The Rol, D-bit and AddrFam fields are re-ordered to reflect the
     ordering of Rol and AddrFam in the OPEN message.
 * The Authentication Code must include 2 values instead of 3:
   "the algorithm for computing values of Marker fields" is removed.
 * The C-bit (the Close-bit in the Notification message) is renamed
   to O-bit (Open-bit), and its polarity is reversed: if reset, the
   connection will be closed, otherwise it may remain open.
 * Clarification in Section 14 (Security consideration) re. whose
   signature an UPDATE message should carry.
 * Appendix C (QUERY/RESPONSE Debug Messages) removed (will put it
   in a separate document somewhere on the Web)
 *  APPENDIX D (Major Changes and Updates) removed.
 * A number of re-wording and clarifications

Pavlin