Subject: [marf] Last Call: <draft-ietf-marf-redaction-04.txt> (Redaction of Potentially Sensitive Data from Mail Abuse Reports) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 16:07:45 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Messaging Abuse Reporting Format
WG (marf) to consider the following document:
- 'Redaction of Potentially Sensitive Data from Mail Abuse Reports'
  <draft-ietf-marf-redaction-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

Note: This document was previously considered for Informational, but
it is now being considered as a Proposed Standard after comments
from the previous Last Call.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Email messages often contain information that might be considered
   private or sensitive, per either regulation or social norms.  When
   such a message becomes the subject of a report intended to be shared
   with other entities, the report generator may wish to redact or elide
   the sensitive portions of the message.  This memo suggests one method
   for doing so effectively.

   [NOTE TO EDITOR: Murray Kucherawy is listed as an author only to
   enable him to complete the publication process on behalf of J.D.
   Falk.  Please remove Murray from the author list prior to
   publication.]

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-marf-redaction/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-marf-redaction/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.