Subject: [marf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-marf-spf-reporting-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 11:45:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Messaging Abuse Reporting Format Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : SPF Authentication Failure Reporting using the Abuse Report Format
	Author(s)       : Scott Kitterman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-marf-spf-reporting-05.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-02-01

   This memo presents extensions to the Abuse Reporting Format (ARF),
   and Sender Policy Framework (SPF) specifications to allow for
   detailed reporting of message authentication failures in an on-demand
   fashion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-marf-spf-reporting-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-marf-spf-reporting-05.txt

---

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 14:47:02 -0500

On Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:45:16 AM [email-masked] wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Messaging Abuse Reporting
> Format Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> 	Title           : SPF Authentication Failure Reporting using the Abuse
> Report Format Author(s)       : Scott Kitterman

Here's the changes in this revision:

* Change ro= to rr= to match DKIM draft.
* Fix stray reference to old r= modifier.
* Add SPF result of None to rr=n (now covers neutral and none for completeness
  and to preserve RFC 4408 required alignment between Neutral and None).
* Port changes from DKIM -08 to the SPF draft
 - Update rp= definition
 - Reworded section of ignoring other modifiers if ra= is absent
 - Added not generating failure reports for ARF messages
 - Added other rate limiting paragraph to automatic generation security
   consideration

Scott K