Subject: [marf] Protocol Action: 'Extensions to DKIM for Failure Reporting' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-marf-dkim-reporting-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:51:07 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Extensions to DKIM for Failure Reporting'
  (draft-ietf-marf-dkim-reporting-16.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Messaging Abuse Reporting Format
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Pete Resnick and Peter Saint-Andre.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-marf-dkim-reporting/

Technical Summary 

Deployers of message authentication technologies are increasingly 
seeking visibility into DKIM verification failures and conformance 
failures involving the published signing practices (e.g., ADSP) of 
an Administrative Management Domain. 

This document extends DKIM and ADSP to add an optional reporting 
address and some reporting parameters. Reports are generated using 
the format defined in draft-ietf-marf-authfailure-report. 

Working Group Summary 

There is nothing of real note in the working group discussion. 
The document was not controversial, and in the normal process 
of hammering out the details, everything went smoothly. The 
document has very broad consensus in the MARF working group. 

Document Quality 

There is at least one open-source implementation now, from 
the document editor. There is also an effort called DMARC, 
which builds on DKIM, and some people involved with that work 
plan to implement this protocol. 

Personnel 

Barry Leiba <[email-masked]> is the document shepherd
Pete Resnick <[email-masked]> is the responsible AD.