Subject: [marf] Slight change to AS document

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 23:19:00 +0000

Fellow MARFers,

IESG Evaluation of the Applicability Statement draft has begun.  One AD has provided some feedback that's led me in the direction of merging Sections 4 and 5, so that there's one top-level section about solicited reports and one about unsolicited reports.  The current arrangement makes it look like we spent a lot less time on unsolicited reports, when in fact we have but there's not as much to say.  I believe the proposed new arrangement improves that somewhat.  There are a couple of other minor text changes as a result of the Gen-ART review, but this is the most substantive change.

So I plan to do that in the very near future (i.e., late tomorrow) unless someone thinks that's a really terrible idea.

-MSK

---

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 19:27:23 -0400

"Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Fellow MARFers,
>
>IESG Evaluation of the Applicability Statement draft has begun.  One AD
>has provided some feedback that's led me in the direction of merging
>Sections 4 and 5, so that there's one top-level section about solicited
>reports and one about unsolicited reports.  The current arrangement
>makes it look like we spent a lot less time on unsolicited reports,
>when in fact we have but there's not as much to say.  I believe the
>proposed new arrangement improves that somewhat.  There are a couple of
>other minor text changes as a result of the Gen-ART review, but this is
>the most substantive change.
>
>So I plan to do that in the very near future (i.e., late tomorrow)
>unless someone thinks that's a really terrible idea.

I'd have to see the text to know. I think it's very important to keep the distinction between the two concepts.

Scott K

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 23:34:51 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Scott Kitterman
> Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:27 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [marf] Slight change to AS document
> 
> I'd have to see the text to know. I think it's very important to keep
> the distinction between the two concepts.

http://www.blackops.org/~msk/draft-ietf-marf-as.html

---

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 23:39:55 -0400

On Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:34:51 PM Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> > From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> > Scott Kitterman Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:27 PM
> > To: [email-masked]

Thanks.  I think it's fine.

Scott K

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 17:06:53 +0200

On Fri 20/Apr/2012 16:58:31 +0200 Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> 
> There are a couple of other minor text changes as a result of the
> Gen-ART review

I guess we'll miss them until we run a diff.

> unless someone thinks that’s a really terrible idea.

It's not terrible, it looks like an aesthetic adjustment to me.