Subject: [marf] Last Call: <draft-ietf-marf-as-13.txt> (Creation and Use of Email Feedback Reports: An Applicability Statement for the Abuse Reporting Format (ARF)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:08:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Messaging Abuse Reporting Format
WG (marf) to consider the following document:
- 'Creation and Use of Email Feedback Reports: An Applicability Statement
   for the Abuse Reporting Format (ARF)'
  <draft-ietf-marf-as-13.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 5965 defines an extensible, machine-readable format intended for
   mail operators to report feedback about received email to other
   parties.  This Applicability Statement describes common methods for
   utilizing this format for reporting both abuse and authentication
   failure events.  Mailbox Providers of any size, mail sending
   entities, and end users can use these methods as a basis to create
   procedures that best suit them.  Some related optional mechanisms are
   also discussed.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-marf-as/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-marf-as/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

There is a downward reference to Informational document RFC 5598.