Subject: [marf] RFC 6650 on Creation and Use of Email Feedback Reports: An Applicability Statement for the Abuse Reporting Format (ARF)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:31:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6650

        Title:      Creation and Use of Email 
                    Feedback Reports: An Applicability Statement for 
                    the Abuse Reporting Format (ARF) 
        Author:     J. Falk, M. Kucherawy, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    none, 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 35273
        Updates:    RFC5965

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-marf-as-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6650.txt

RFC 5965 defines an extensible, machine-readable format intended for
mail operators to report feedback about received email to other
parties.  This applicability statement describes common methods for
utilizing this format for reporting both abuse and authentication
failure events.  Mailbox Providers of any size, mail-sending
entities, and end users can use these methods as a basis to create
procedures that best suit them.  Some related optional mechanisms are
also discussed.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Messaging Abuse Reporting Format Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC