Subject: [midcom] (no subject)

From: "Christopher A. Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 08:12:11 -0600

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Middlebox Communication Working Group of
the IETF.

	Title		: SIP through NAT Enabled Firewall Callflows
	Author(s)	: Christopher A. Martin, Alan Johnston
	Filename	: draft-martin-midcom-sip-natfw-callflows-00.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 22-Feb-01

 This document is intended to define the basic minimum requirement for
   the operation of SIP through NAT enabled firewalls; both call flow,
   as well as firewall and NAT functionality will be addressed. The
   underlying intent is to offer guidance and identify specific
   considerations to the global community for the development of
   compliant products for the rapid deployment of SIP. It does not
   address control by external proxies or firewall control mechanisms,
   or DNS host naming conventions between private and public realms.
   However, these flows do give an idea of the information exchange
   necessary between the Middlebox (NAT and firewall) and the MIDCOM
   agent (transparent SIP proxy) [4].

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-martin-midcom-sip-natfw-callflows-0
0.txt

Christopher A. Martin
Engineer, IP Communication Engineering
WORLDCOM
972.729.4569

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: "Melinda Shore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:13:23 -0500

> This draft is a work item of the Middlebox Communication Working Group of

To clarify:  This draft is relevant to both midcom
deliverables, but is not a work item itself.

Melinda

---

From: "Christopher A. Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:57:09 -0600

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Melinda Shore [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 11:13 AM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [midcom] (no subject)
>
>
Sorry, bad choice of words.

The draft is intended to be a guide to the operation of SIP through NAT and
tasks to be accomplished by the firewall/middlebox.