Subject: RE: terminology (was Re: [midcom] Protocol Requirements Bullet List v2.0)

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:43:13 -0700

I don't believe that "opening the guts of the box" is particularly
useful. If we start from the scenarios document, we see only one
function of relevance, the passing/blocking/natting of packets based on
addresses and port numbers. We should concentrate on that.

-- Christian Huitema

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Paul Sijben <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:26:36 +0200

I agree we do not need to open it up. We do however need to identify the
functions of the middlebox and their parameters to see what the MIDCOM
protocol needs to express.

Paul

-- 
Paul Sijben              Tel:+31 356874774 
Lucent Technologies      Message:+31 208702874			
Forward Looking Work     Fax: +31 208702874
Huizen, The Netherlands  http://voip.nl.lucent.com/~sijben (internal)