Subject: RE: [midcom] Out-of-path agents

From: "Zmolek, Andrew (Andrew)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 15:54:21 -0600

It would be useful to understand the rationale behind this decision,
even the decision isn't debatable. Could you elaborate?

--Andy Zmolek
    Technology & Standards Engineer
      CTO Standards
        Avaya Inc.

            [email-masked]
              +1 720 444 4001

-----Original Message-----
From: Melinda Shore [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 1:28 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [midcom] Out-of-path agents

Thumbs down - let's make text related to out-of-path agents and
packet diversion disappear from the deliverables.

Thanks,

Melinda

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: "Melinda Shore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 19:28:41 -0400

> From: Zmolek, Andrew (Andrew) <[email-masked]>
> To: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 5:54 PM
> Subject: RE: [midcom] Out-of-path agents

> even the decision isn't debatable. Could you elaborate?

Basically, 1) it wasn't part of the original proposal, 2) we're
going to be held to our charter, 3) it's controversial, which
makes it harder to justify.  I think we need to treat this as
an admonition to be serious about our sticking to our charter 
and deliverables.

If you're not clear about the reasons it's controversial within
the IETF and what the architectural issues are, you should take
a look at last week's OPES discussion on the general IETF mailing
list.  

Melinda