Subject: RE: [midcom] Firewall interaction with BEEP

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:27:58 -0700

>        <start number='1'>
>           <profile uri='http://iana.org/beep/SASL/OTP' />
>        </start>
>        END
> 
> this is a beep frame that contains a message on channel 0 asking to
> start a
> profile on channel 1.

Whatever happened to "multiple layers of multiplexing considered
harmful" ?

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: "Marshall T. Rose" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:37:10 -0700

> Whatever happened to "multiple layers of multiplexing considered

gee, i don't know. it got discussed ad nauseum on the bxxp working group
mailing list about a year ago. every time it comes up on another mailing
list, i redirect the traffic to [email-masked].

/mtr

ps: oh, the answer is: if you're careful, it can be okay. or, if you prefer
the lear corollary: just make sure that people use well-debugged beep
libraries instead of trying to roll their own beep subroutines...