Subject: [midcom] Update

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:55:35 -0400

Detailed minutes from Friday's meeting will be going out later this
week (many thanks to Cedric Aoun for volunteering to take notes), but
here's a brief list of some of the decisions/actions (please send
corrections where necessary):

1) The terminology discussion will be taken off the mailing list,
and a design team will bring something back to us in two weeks (by
24 August).  I didn't write down who's going to be managing the
terminology-wrangling (Doh!) - could that person step forward?

2) Jiri is going to work on text regarding "pinhole" ownership

3) There was consensus that we're talking about a client-server
protocol, not a peer<->peer protocol

4) Christian Huitema is going to be shepherding a design team to
describe filtering rules (5-tuples vs. what?)

5) The topology issue is a sticky one.  Ted Hardie proposed and
we agreed that the way we will be handling this is that proponents
of various ways of addressing the problem will write SHORT Internet
Drafts describing how they'd like to see this handled, and the
proposals will be reviewed by the working group AND the Transport
Area Directors.  Please get these to [email-masked] by
the end of August.

Melinda

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom