Subject: [midcom] Proposed R83,R84, RTP+RTCP port numbers

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:56:24 -0700

In order to accommodate RTP and RTCP "oddity" and "sequence"
requirements, I propose that we add the following requirements:

R83: When the MIDCOM server performs a port mapping function, the
protocol should allow the MIDCOM agent to request that the external port
number have the same oddity as the internal port.

R84: When the MIDCOM server performs a port mapping function, the
protocol should allow the MIDCOM agent to request that a consecutive
range of external port numbers be mapped to consecutive external ports.

-- Christian Huitema

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:23:39 -0400

Friendly amendment: s/MIDCOM server/middlebox/.  OK?