Subject: [midcom] Working the list, R4

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:02:23 -0400

R4 says "Agents MUST be known to end system applications.

          This comes from the following text in the framework draft,
          version -03: 'In-Path MIDCOM agents are entities that have a
          native role in the path of the application traversal (with
          prior knowledge to one of the application end-hosts),
          independent of their MIDCOM function.'"

Keep?  Delete?

Melinda

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:33:39 -0700

>           independent of their MIDCOM function.'"

If the protocol is between the agent and the middle box, this statement is
beyond the scope of the requirements document, since we are not discussing
communication requirements between the agent and the application. 
Besides, it borders on a non-protocol requirement in any event.
--
Eliot Lear
[email-masked]

---

From: "Bob Penfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:41:59 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eliot Lear" <[email-masked]>
To: "Melinda Shore" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: [midcom] Working the list, R4

> >           independent of their MIDCOM function.'"

The phrase "with prior knowledge to one of the application end-hosts" has
already been removed from Suresh's interim version 4 of the framework draft.
I think we can safely remove it.