Subject: [midcom] Submission of new drafts relevant to Midcom

From: "Sanjoy Sen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:48:47 -0500

All,

	We've submitted a couple of new drafts relevant to Midcom protocol
selection. The first discusses the applicability of Megaco as the Midcom
protocol & the second proposes some preliminary extensions to the base
Megaco protocol in the form of new Middlebox Termination/Packages to support
Midcom. Until they appear at the IETF website, they can be obtained at:

www.obsidian97.com/draft-sct-midcom-megaco-00.txt

www.obsidian97.com/draft-sct-midcom-megaco-pkg-00.txt

THE AUTHORS RECOGNIZE THAT THIS WORK IS CURRENTLY DEEMED OUT OF SCOPE, AND
THAT THE INTENT IS NOT TO DISTRACT THE WG FROM MAKING PROGRESS ON THE
CURRENT WORK ITEMS. Feedback is requested to be sent to the individual
authors and not the WG mailing list.  The intent is to get input so that the
draft can be mature enough to be discussed once this work is deemed to be
relevant to the charter.   The author's intend to keep the document updated
against the current WG work as it is progressed. 

Thanks & regards,

Sanjoy Sen