Subject: [midcom] RE: R86

From: Mark Duffy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:13:42 -0400

>R86: It should possible to define rulesets that contain a more specific
>filter spec than an overlapping ruleset. This should allow agents to
>request actions for the subset that contradict those of the overlapping
>set. This should allow Midcom agent to request to a Midcom server
>controlling a firewall function that a subset of the traffic that would
>be allowed by the overlapping ruleset be specifically disallowed.
>
>OK?

Fine by me.

I'm not sure how rigirous we think we are being about use of words must vs
should but most of the other reqts on the list use must.  Unless we
condider this just a desirable feature of a midcom protocol then I'd
venture that the very first "should" above should be replaced by must.  

-Mark

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom