Subject: RE: [midcom] Status

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:17:22 -0400

Is there any restriction on which Midcom agent can create the overriding
ruleset?  Does it have to be the MA that created the parent ruleset, or can
it be another one?  If the latter, does the protocol have to provide the
capability for the MB to notify the creator of the parent ruleset that it is
being partially overridden?

-----Original Message-----
From: Melinda Shore [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 1:01 PM
To: midcom
Subject: [midcom] Status

R86 Accepted with revisions:
  R86: It should possible to define rulesets that contain a more specific
  filter spec than an overlapping ruleset. This should allow agents to
  request actions for the subset that contradict those of the overlapping
  set. This should allow Midcom agent to request to a Midcom server
  controlling a firewall function that a subset of the traffic that would
  be allowed by the overlapping ruleset be specifically disallowed.

R35 Delete
R38 Delete
R43 Delete
R47 Delete
R75 Needs more discussion
R?? Accepted:
  "The midcom protocol must provide protection against replay
  attacks"

Melinda

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom