Subject: [midcom] R75

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:30:01 -0400

The text of R75 is this:
 R75: The Midcom Protocol must produce robust operation even when
        routing changes such that traffic from a particular end system
        passes through a different middlebox.  (Huitema)

	   Eliot Lear says "this takes too much state".

I'm with Eliot on this, but even if I weren't this really is
too closely related to the topology issue to be able to resolve
now.  I'm proposing deleting R75.

Melinda

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 15:11:37 -0400

> now.  I'm proposing deleting R75.

seems to me that it's silly to talk about robust operation in the
presence of NATs. since midcom is inherently an attempt to 
address NAT problems, robust operation would appear to be out-of-scope. 

Keith