Subject: RE: [midcom] Update

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:04:28 -0500

At 01:49 PM 11/29/01 -0600, Sanjoy Sen wrote:
>These drafts had already began doing some of the legwork that you mentioned and should also be considered in the context of the re-chartering.

We will not be discussing protocol selection in Salt Lake City.

Melinda

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:31:13 -0500

>We will not be discussing protocol selection in Salt Lake City.

Sorry - running on pretty much no sleep.  What I meant to say
is that we will not be doing protocol selection as part of the
rechartering process.  The rechartering discussion is to 
discuss the rechartering process itself, to identify what work
will need to be done and when, to begin to clearly define 
deliverables, etc.  We also need to discuss whether or not the
alternative framework I'm proposing is more technically sound
than the current framework.  One of the ADs will be chairing
that discussion in the Salt Lake City meeting.  Presumably the
work that you and others have already done in discussing the
applicability of various protocols will be incorporated into
a protocols evaluation document if we do go forward with the
current framework.  It's just not in scope yet and not relevant
to the rechartering process discussion.

Melinda