Subject: [midcom] NAT traversal in IPSEC

From: "Shai Mohaban" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 20:42:42 -0800

Does anyone follow the related work in the IPSEC WG? It seems that some IDs
there are dealing with similar issues:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-reqts-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-t-ike-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-udp-encaps-justificatio
n-00.txt

Hope we are not trying to duplicate any of the work...

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 10:00:09 -0500

>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-udp-encaps-justificatio

They're dealing with a different set of problems - it's not
that they don't know where to send the traffic, it's that
header rewrites break the HMAC.

Melinda