Subject: [midcom] comments on Framework 05 draft

From: "Cedric Aoun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:47:53 -0000

Hi
Here are some comments on the draft, not yet discussed on the list. Most of
them are minor comments.
 I tried to avoid overlapping with Bob's comments.

section 1, page 2 line 34: "Nonetheless, the middlebox framework".
need to replace middlebox with MIDCOM.

section 1, page 3 line 29: "Section 4 describes the nature of MID COM
protocol"
typo error. should be MIDCOM

section 3, page 9 in figure 1:
"session-descriptor". It should be replaced by ruleset?

section 3, page 9 and 10:
"A session may be uniquely described by the tuple of (SessionDirection,
   SourceAddress, DestinationAddress, Protocol, SourcePort,
   DestinationPort).... a session-state may be created by the firewall
function, but
   terminated by the NAT function, when a session timer expires. "
This is from the "pre-ruleset era", it should be taken out

section 6.2, page 16 line 44:
"However, it is possible to retain the provisioning on middlebox unchanged,
by requiring MIDCOM
   agents to initiate the session to middlebox."
I think it should be something like: The Middlebox provisioning could remain
unchanged if the middlebox gets it's Midcom  agents' policies from a policy
server.

section 7.0, page 17 line 11  "we consider SIP application (Refer [SIP])to
illustrate the operation of MIDCOM protocol". Typo error forgot the "the"
should be "the MIDCOM protocol"
section 7.0, page 17 line 13: "Middlebox is assumed", typo error should be :
The middlebox.

section 7.2 and 7.3, all section.
NAT session descriptors, SIP session descriptors mentioned several times.
Terminology should be consistent with section 2.
the ruleset terminology should be used instead.

Thanks
Cedric

Cedric Aoun
Nortel Networks
France
mailto:[email-masked]