Subject: [midcom] draft-kuniaki-nats-01.txt

From: Kuniaki Kondo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:07:25 +0900

Hello.

This is kuniaki KONDO, IIJ.
I submitted new two internet-drafts.

draft-kuniaki-nats-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuniaki-nats-01.txt

draft-kuniaki-capsulated-nats-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuniaki-capsulated-nats-00.txt

In this new draft, I would like to propose a new method which enables
internet hosts to have direct access to hosts behind NAT routers using
sub-addresses.
Under current NAT scheme, it is impossible for internet hosts to point
exact hosts behind NAT routers.
This method solves the problem by incorporating hostname to
sub-address resolution into DNS and enhancing NAT routers to handle
this resolution.

I would like to have some comments. And, I would like to explain
more detail at next midcom meeting, in no more 15 minutes.

Thank you.

--
Kuniaki Kondo
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Kuniaki Kondo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:40:25 +0900

Hi,

 Previously, I sent about my draft.
 However, I did not say about the purpose of my draft.
 Then, I would like to say about difference between
 midcom and my draft.

 The purpose of proposal is same as my draft. However,
 approaches are different.
 According to midcom-draft, it needs to implement
 for Firewall/NAT and internal hosts. And they have to
 exchange information to use midcom.
 I think that this is one of approach for solve NAT problem.

 However, my approach is different.
 In my draft, to implement to internal host is optional in
 first step. I mean that internal hosts can try to connect to
 external hosts or other internal hosts.
 NATS router or FW distinguishes whether a destination host
 supports NATS protocol or not, and they add sub-address
 and translate IP address, instead.

 Furthermore, I think, when there are two same server in internal
 network such as WWW server which is using same port(80), 
 external host can not choice the server except using SRV RR.
 However, in my draft, the NATS router selects internal server
 depending on sub-address. Thus, those servers can use same port.

--
Kuniaki Kondo
[email-masked]