Subject: [midcom] Midcom questions

From: Morgan Ståhl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:15:02 +0100

Hi, I'm a computer science student from Sweden, and I had some questions
about midcom that I was hoping someone could answer or redirect me to places
where I could find answers.

I was wondering about the midcom protocol for the communication between the
middlebox and the midcom agent.
When will we see a draft for this protocol, and how much is the protocol
suppose to able to  control the middlebox, will the protocol be able to
perform some configuration of the middlebox or will it just be able to run
services on the middlebox?
(I got the feeling from the architecture that the protocol needs to be able
to configure the middlebox functionality to for example permit RTP flow
through a firewall)
Is there any beta products (firewalls or NATs) who implements the midcom
protocol, and thus can be "configured" by an agent? The reason I ask is
because we're working on a project which will produce a GUI for the user to
configure his NAT firewall through, to use midcoms protocol for configure
the firewall would please our tutor :).

Grateful for any response

Regards Morgan
-----------------------------------
I'm an pathological liar and can't be held responsible for anything I write

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom