Subject: [midcom] Yet Another Midcom Protocol

From: Jiri Kuthan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 02:37:54 +0100

Whoever is interested in running code may want to have a look
at http://www.iptel.org/fcp/ -- there is a link to two 
very-beta server implementations of a midcom-like protocol called FCP. 
It runs on Linux, opens and closes pinholes, allocates and releases
NAT translations. MPLS support is missing, which is a feature. The 
protocol is described there too, though not really extensivelly.

Backers of protocol recycling may wonder why we haven't used
COPS/SOAP/HTTP/BEEP/SNMP/Diameter/GSMP or of course H.248.
Well, we wanted to stay very simple, were lazy and did not
want to implement anything else than needed.

-Jiri

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: "Paul Francis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:28:39 -0800

I see that you have some expired drafts on this protocol, so I wonder if you
guys plan to propose this in midcom, or just pursue it independently?

PD

ps.  Also, the iptel.org URL is not working for me at the moment.  Is it
just a temporary glitch?

---

From: Jiri Kuthan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:35:23 +0100

>guys plan to propose this in midcom, or just pursue it independently?

That depends much more on WG's willingnes and ability to move ahead.
I don't insist on my pet if noone else likes it. I haven't seen
excessive interest, not at least on the mailing list.

My

>ps.  Also, the iptel.org URL is not working for me at the moment.  Is it

It worx now.

-Jiri

---

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:59:08 +0100

>> I see that you have some expired drafts on this protocol, so I wonder if
>> you guys plan to propose this in midcom, or just pursue it independently?
>

Yeah, that's a good point. There are some drafts (expired and non-expired) 
proposing a protocol for midcom, but no discussions about the protocol 
itself. Especially I would be interested in some comments regarding 
SIMCO... ;-)

Martin

>> ps.  Also, the iptel.org URL is not working for me at the moment.  Is it

Martin Stiemerling

NEC Europe Ltd. -- Network Laboratories      [email-masked]
IPv4: http://www.ccrle.nec.de             IPv6: http://www.ipv6.ccrle.nec.de