Subject: [midcom] Which port to put in the Changed-Address attribute?

From: "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 10:42:49 -0800

All comments referring to draft-rosenberg-midcom-stun-00.txt

Imagine the case where a STUN server is running on two interfaces, A and B.
This could be on one computer or as a second server on another computer. Now
lets say I am using ports 5000 and 5001 and interface A and 6000 and 6001 on
interface B. When A gets a request, if no flags are set it will return a
response from 5000. If the change ip flag is set it will get a response from
port 6000 on IP B. If both flags are set, it will get a response from 6001
on IP B.

Now the 3rd paragraph on page 7 says "The server must add a CHANGE-ADDRESS
attribute ... that contains the source IP address and port that would be
used ...". It clear I put the address of B in but what port do I put in
5001, 6000, or 6001?

I can see two responses too this:

1) you can't do that - if you use port 5000 and 5001 on A you MUST use 5000
and 5001 on B.

2) we need to add a bit to deal with this case

I'm in favor or option 1 but wanted to make sure this is what the authors
had intended.

Thanks, Cullen

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom