Subject: [midcom] Proposed Timeline for Protocol Evaluation Documents

From: "Mary Barnes"<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:22:06 -0600

Hi all,

The following summarizes the timeline that I presented during the MIDCOM WG
session on Thursday afternoon:

March 21st-April 3rd	Submission of intent to contribute to a specific  
                        protocol evaluation(an email should be sent to
                        editor indicating the intent to contribute a 
                        specific protocol evaluation). 

                         * Interested parties wanting to work on the same
                           protocol will be offered the opportunity to work 
                           together, however priority is given to whomever
                           puts in the first claim or submits the draft 
                           first. 

                         * Mailing list discussion on document content. 

April 3rd	Cutoff for submission of intent to contribute a specific
            protocol evaluation. 
            *  Final document required content agreed, WG document template 
               and rules 

April 19th	Final cutoff for specific protocol drafts.
            *  Drafts must be as objective as possible, identify the
               applicability to the framework and clearly identify the 
               requirements that are satisfied, those that
               are "partially" satisfied, and those that are NOT satisfied.

April 19th- May 3rd	Mailing list discussion of specific protocol 
                        drafts, allowing authors to incorporate WG feedback
                        into their contribution to improve comparison and 
                        add completeness. 

May 10th	Deadline for any updates to protocol drafts. 

May 10th-May 24th	Editor's primary task is underway. 
                  Information from the specific protocol drafts is 
                  synthesize into a consistent format, with an objective 
                  comparison of the various proposals based upon the drafts 

May 24th	1st version of Protocol evaluation draft available. 

May 24th-June 7th	Mailing list discussion of the draft.
                  Discussion of amalgamated pros/cons of the various
proposals 
                  Any other issues with the draft. 

June 7th	Conclusion of mailing list discussion.

June 14th	Second version of draft available. 
 
June 14th-June 21st	Mailing list discussion

June 28th	Draft ready for WGLC

July 19th	WGLC ends

July 26th	Updated draft based upon WGLC comments available

July 26th- Aug (whether another iteration is required for WGLC depends upon
                the extent of changes, etc.)

Aug 	Draft submitted to IESG

As I mentioned during the meeting, the intent is to have a draft template of
the information that should be contained in the documents (and that will
form the basis of the WG protocol evaluation document) available this week.
Note, that I don't intend to be prescriptive on the formats for the
individual documents, however, similarity in content will facilitate the
editing task and provide a more uniform basis for the protocol comparison. 

Regards,
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]
972-684-5432
Wireless 817-703-4806