Subject: [midcom] MIDCOM Protocol Evaluation - Proposed changes to COPS Section 1.5 .2 - new sentences

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:58:03 -0500

Hi all,

These are the new sentences that I propose to add to the end of the existing
paragraph in Section 1.5.2.  Note, this change is intended to clarify the
"directionality", referred to with regards to COPS failing to meet
requirement 2.1.1, and also referenced in the Conclusion (Section 3). 

Proposed New Text:
"One major difference between the COPS protocol model and the MIDCOM
protocol requirements is that MIDCOM requires that the MIDCOM Agent
establish the session.  Whereas, the COPS definition is that a PEP
(Middlebox) establishes communication with a PDP (MIDCOM Agent). "

***************
Although comments on the overall document will be accepted through August
2nd, I would like to request that feedback on this proposed change be
provided by 6PM CST Tuesday (30 July) so that we can address any concerns
prior to the 2nd; with no response meaning that the proposed text is OK. 
***************

Thanks,
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]
972-684-5432
Wireless 817-703-4806

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom