Subject: [midcom] Public stun servers

From: "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:26:11 -0700

To help aid some of the STUN development along, the vovida.org site is going
to try and keep some public STUN servers available for all to use. Right now
it is running the code that Alan Hawrylyshen put out as open source. It is
not up to the latest spec but we will work on getting it there.

The IP address of the STUN servers are:

128.107.250.38
128.107.250.39

There is no SRV DNS entries for them yet but we are working on getting all
the things we would need to bring this stuff up to the latest draft. As long
as this does not become too difficult to manage, the vovida.org folks hope
to keep these running permanently as an aid to the community.

Cullen

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Jiri Kuthan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:50:33 +0200

There is one instance of Alan's server running at iptel.org too: 
{195.37.77.101|195.37.77.100}:{10000|10001}

-Jiri

---

From: "Alan Hawrylyshen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:51:55 -0600

Hi Cullen and Jiri;

Thanks for making this available.  Before too many people get going on
all this, I think that I will need to update the STUN code that I
released.  Upon closer inspection, one of my work colleagues discovered
that there is an error in the length field computation in the code (the
length included the header and the draft indicated that the header was
not to be counted).  

I suspect that I will release an update to the STUN package later this
week. This update will be incompatible with previous versions of the
code, but will be more correct as far as the draft specification is
concerned.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Alan Hawrylyshen
Jasomi Networks Inc.
+1.403.269.2938 x 180
[email-masked]