Subject: [midcom] MIDCOM Protocol Evaluation - Proposed changes to COPS Section 1.5

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:56:41 -0500

Hi all,

This is the detailed change that I propose to make to Section 1.5, with
regards to clarifying the COPS protocol evaluation, explicitly wrt to the
requirement for COPS-PR.

Old Text (from draft-ietf-midcom-protocol-eval-02.txt):

"Within the context of this document, COPS and COPS-PR have similar 
compliancy with regards to the MIDCOM protocol requirements, with the only
major difference being how MIDCOM policy rules attributes are described with
COPS MIDCOM client specific objects or with COPS-PR MIDCOM PIB attributes.
Thus, the evaluation takes into account both COPS and COPS-PR. If COPS is
deemed the most suitable protocol for MIDCOM, the feasibility and complexity
of the creation and usage of COPS MIDCOM client specific objects versus the
COPS-PR MIDCOM specific PIBs should be compared. Thus, references to COPS
are applicable to both COPS and COPS-PR."

Proposed New Text:
 
"Overall, COPS and COPS-PR have similar compliancy with regards to the
MIDCOM protocol requirements. In this document, references to COPS are
generally applicable to both COPS and COPS-PR.  However, COPS-PR is
explicitly identified to meet two of the requirements. The only other major
difference between COPS-PR and COPS, as applied to the MIDCOM protocol,
would be the description of the MIDCOM policy rule attributes with COPS-PR
MIDCOM PIB attributes rather than COPS MIDCOM client specific objects."

****************
Although comments on the overall document will be accepted through August
2nd, I would like to request that feedback on this proposed change be
provided by 6PM CST Tuesday (30 July),  so that we can address any concerns
prior to the 2nd; with no response meaning that the proposed text is OK. 
****************

Regards,
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]
972-684-5432
Wireless 817-703-4806

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom