Subject: [midcom] Reminder: Please review updated Protocol evaluation draft

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 07:25:34 -0500

Hi all,

This is a reminder, particularly for individuals that weren't at the MIDCOM
WG session last Tuesday, that the following is the scheduled for completing
the protocol evaluation document:

Friday, August 2nd -  End of WG discussions of current open issues.
Monday, August 12th - Updated draft based upon WG discussions/concensus;
draft available for WGLC
Monday, Sept. 2nd - WGLC ends
Monday, Sept. 9th -  Updated draft based upon WGLC comments available

Ideally, comments this week would be extremely useful so that any WG
discussion can complete prior to the deadline.  The intent is for the next
version be ready for WGLC, so any remaining issues need to brought forth
now. During the WG session, the primary issues I discussed were with regards
to the following:
- Clarification that COPS evaluation requires COPS-PR (need to update COPS
overview section)
- Further detail on the COPS and MEGACO "implied directionality" issue wrt
to the MIDCOM framework (to be included in the COPS and MEGACO overview
sections)
- Further detail on the SNMP overview section with regards to the
implication that the MIDCOM PDP is in the Middlebox.
- Clarification that SNMP requires v3 to meet the security requirements
(need to update the SNMP overview). 
I will be posting proposed text changes to the list to address the concerns
in separate emails.  

I will be correcting some of the grammatical and punctuation issues and some
more minor wordsmithing for consistency (it still reads a bit choppy in
areas where I've merged my text with that of the original authors) in the
next version, but will not be posting any specific information about these
changes to the list.   

I will also highlight that in re-reviewing the document, I've seen some
additional inconsistencies in some of the evaluations wrt to P versus P+,
etc. which will also be described in separate emails.  I'm sure that there
are more of these that can be identified by careful reading by other members
of the WG. So, if you've not yet had the time to do a careful reading of
this document, please take the opportunity now:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-protocol-eval-02.txt

Regards, 
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]
972-684-5432
Wireless 817-703-4806

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom