Subject: [midcom] MIDCOM Protocol Evaluation - Proposed changes to Megaco Section 1 .3.2 - new sentences

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:58:36 -0500

Hi all,

This is the 2 new sentences that I propose to add at the end of the existing
paragraph in Section 1.3.2.  Note, this change is intended to clarify the
"directionality component", referred to with regards to Megaco failing to
meet requirement 2.1.1, and also referenced in the Conclusion (Section 3). 

Proposed New Text:
"One major difference between the Megaco model and the MIDCOM protocol
requirements is that MIDCOM requires that the MIDCOM Agent establish the
session. Whereas, the Megaco definition is that a MG (Middlebox) establishes
communication with an MGC (MIDCOM Agent)."

***************
Although comments on the overall document will be accepted through August
2nd, I would like to request that feedback on this proposed change be
provided by 6PM CST Tuesday (30 July) so that we can address any concerns
prior to the 2nd; with no response meaning that the proposed text is OK.  
***************

Thanks,
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]
972-684-5432
Wireless 817-703-4806

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom