Subject: [midcom] SPAN issues discussion draft

From: "Pete Cordell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 18:54:01 +0100

Dear All,

I've submitted an Internet Draft discussing various design issues relating
to a SPAN like protocol.  This was started early on when the pre-midcom
design team was established.  I'm hoping that it will act as a framework
around which to have further discussion about a SPAN type protocol.

Note that intentionally not much effort has gone into making it editorially
perfect as it is expected that further revisions will be required before all
issues are sufficiently captured.  Further, it is not intended that this
progress beyond an internet draft so doesn't need the polish that an RFC
would require.

The draft will hopefully be called:

    draft-cordell-midcom-span-discuss-00.txt

and should hopefully be available over the next few days.

One thing is that I an on holiday after today for a week.  The timing isn't
great, but I'll get over it !!!

(Note: the evaluation document that I suggested earlier is a separate effort
and I plan to make a start on that when I get back.)

Pete.

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom