Subject: [midcom] STUN issue #3: FLAG extensibility

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 03:00:27 -0500

The STUN spec has a flag attribute which is a fixed 32 bits. Once we run 
out, thats it. The IESG had asked if this can be made extensible.

Proposal: Add an "E" flag which, when one, adds another 32 bits of 
flags. Of course, that additional 32 bits also has "E", so there is 
unlimited flags.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: "Pete Cordell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:50:53 -0000

Jonathan,

There should not be a need for this type of method as the TLV encoding of
the parameter can tell you how many flags words there are.  However, the
spec could mention that there could be more than one word worth of flags.

Pete.

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 03:30:43 -0500

Yes, we agreed at the meeting that what you suggest is better.

-Jonathan R.