Subject: [midcom] stun issue #2: unknown attribute handling

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 02:53:14 -0500

The STUN specification says that a server which doesn't understand an 
attribute with value over 0x7fff should discard the message. However, 
the client will retransmit it, not knowing that it was discarded because 
of this bad attribute. Some error reporting is needed.

Proposal: add a 420 response code, and add an attribute that lists the 
attributes that weren't supported. This is similar to the Unsupported 
header in sip.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom