Subject: [midcom] 55th IETF meeting: Topics about Semantics

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:31:48 +0100

Hi,

Tom, Juergen and I have compiled a list of topics regarding the MIDCOM 
semantics and we will do a 20 minutes presentation about these issues at 
the Atlanta meeting. Please find these topics in the list below:

- Why PRR in general?
- Action to be taken on PRR: Only one-side reservation at NAT 
(independent wether traditional or twice NAT) or two-side reservation.
- PER address return values: return always A1/A2 addresses (that may 
equal to A0/A3) or return an "EMPTY"/"NONE" identifier
- Divide PER for state transition PID_UNUSED->PID_USED and 
PID_RESERVED->PID_USED into two different PERs
- Wildcarding of IP addresses and port numbers
- Proposed changes in group transaction: Remove group lifetime and thus
remove GE and AGD transactions/notifications. Keep GS, GL, GLC.
- Queuing model for incoming messages: Add "first come - first served" 
statement to section 2.1.2 "atomicity"?

See you in Atlanta
Martin

-- 
Martin Stiemerling

NEC Europe Ltd. -- Network Laboratories  [email-masked]
IPv4: http://www.ccrle.nec.de  IPv6: http://www.ipv6.ccrle.nec.de

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom