Subject: [midcom] Updated Protocol evaluation document available

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:20:51 -0600

Hi all,

We (David H., Juergen and myself) have completed the task of updating the
SNMP section per the feedback from the IESG.  Thanks to David Harrington for
providing his expertise in this area.
The following summarizes the changes:   
- Section 1.1 has been expanded to provide more detail on the architectural
aspects of SNMP and its applicability as the MIDCOM protocol. 
- For Section 2, the Item level compliancies, which had been quite general
statements, now contain quite a bit more detail on the aspects of SNMP which
satisfy the requirement.
- In the conclusion, the "counts" were updated as the updated evaluation
resulted in  2.2.3, 2.2.5 and 2.2.6 being changed from P+ to T. 
- The conclusion text for SNMP was also updated. 
- References for SNMP were updated

To facilitate the task of re-reviewing the document, I have put a Microsoft
word version of the document which has the changes marked on my server at:
http://home.attbi.com/~mbarnes42/IETF/draft-ietf-midcom-protocol-eval-06-v0-
3-w-chgs.doc

The word version, with the changes incorporated, which also contains minor
editorial changes necessary to generate the appropriate text format of the
document (and some other editorial nits) is also on the server:
http://home.attbi.com/~mbarnes42/IETF/draft-ietf-midcom-protocol-eval-06-v0-
3.doc

The text version, which will be submitted to the repository the week of the
IETF-55 meeting, is also on the server:
http://home.attbi.com/~mbarnes42/IETF/draft-ietf-midcom-protocol-eval-06.txt

Note, that I did a few other edits not related to SNMP while I was updating
the document:
- Updated the conclusion text for RSIP to reflect WG concensus wrt
applicability as the MIDCOM protocol
- Updated the MIDCOM references to include the RFC #s.
- Updated the Diameter protocol reference.

So, along with considering what's the next protocol to be eliminated, please
do take time to review the updated document and provide feedback on the
list.  We will need to go through WGLC again and it would be nice to have
the document ready right after the IETF-55 meeting. 

Regards,
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:27:11 -0600

Hi folks,

Just a reminder that although it's not in the repository, we can still have
some discussion on the updated draft (which should be available in the
repository sometime next week).  I would like any comments to be posted by
November 26th, so that we can get an updated version out for WGLC the first
week of December. 

Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Barnes, Mary [NGC:B602:EXCH] 
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 3:21 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [midcom] Updated Protocol evaluation document available

Hi all,

Regards,
Mary H. Barnes