Subject: [midcom] STUN issue #8: IPv6 support considered harmful

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 03:38:48 -0500

Yes, you read the subject correctly.

One of the IESG objected to IPv6 support in STUN. Although I personally 
think v6 will cause the proliferation of NAT, I suspect this is a 
non-debatable issue, and recommend removal of v6 support. That manifests 
itself in the DNS procedures, which allow AAAA records, and in the 
address families, which support IPv6.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom