Subject: [midcom] reference implementation

From: Se-Chang Son <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:32:59 -0600

Hello all,

I am sorry if this has already been answered.

Does anybody know of NAT or firewall that has well defined API or
whatever to (mostly) support MIDCOM requirements, namely "MIDCOM
Protocol Semantics"?

Thank you in advance.

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 05:56:02 +0100

Hi,

--On Mittwoch, 3. März 2004 15:32 Uhr -0600 Se-Chang Son 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

| Hello all,
|
| I am sorry if this has already been answered.

Probably long time ago, but during last time.

|
| Does anybody know of NAT or firewall that has well defined API or
| whatever to (mostly) support MIDCOM requirements, namely "MIDCOM
| Protocol Semantics"?

The MIDCOM MIB is currently in progress and I don't think that somebody has 
it implemented yet.

The only other protocol that is aligned completely to the MIDCOM semantics 
is SIMCO
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-04.txt

But there is currently no firewall that has this version implemented.

Regards,

  Martin