Subject: [midcom] Confirming hums

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:35:38 -0500

A couple of hums were taken at the meeting in Seoul, and we need to get
those documented and confirmed on the mailing list.  I wasn't there so
I'm extracting from the minutes - I hope that someone will correct me if
I'm misreading what happened:

1) Updating STUN: Jonathan is going to update the STUN RFC.  It's going
    to be done as an individual contribution with the expectation that
    midcom participants would provide feedback.

2) The diagnostics will be moved from the STUN revision into a
    new document - that is to say, they're no longer part of the STUN
    protocol.

3) Fold the relevant portions of the MIB analysis document into the
    midcom MIB itself, and not publish the MIB analysis (which isn't in
    our charter, anyway)

Please post any corrections/objections/elucidations to the mailing list.

Thanks,

Melinda

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 00:53:57 -0500

One point of clarification.

The update of STUN would comprise two changes. The first is your second 
point below. The second is to add a backwards-compatible mapped address 
attribute in responses that is obfuscated in some way, so as to prevent 
a NAT from modifying it.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com