Subject: Re: [midcom] updated TURN draft

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 05:52:49 -0700

Hi Jonathan,

Let say that a SIP client sends an Offer with a TURN Derived Transport
Address in the m/c line to a second endpoint. The second endpoint,
according to RFC 3264, "MAY send media immediately.", but the RTP
packets will be discarded because there is no permission for this source
address. The Offerer will be able to add a permission only after
receiving the Answer, so RTP packets will be lost. If it is an audio
session that is established, this means losing partially or completely
the first word said by the user of the called party.

Jonathan Rosenberg wrote:
> Folks,
> 
> I did an update to the turn spec. I goofed on the I-D boilerplate, so
> there is a good chance it won't make it into the repository, in which
> case I'll submit right after ietf. Either way, you can pick up the
> update draft here:
> 
> http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-midcom-turn-08.txt
> 
> There are many changes from the previous version, addressing most of the
> comments and concerns I have received privately and on the list. The
> comment on the list I did not resolve yet is how the server can
> differentiate TLS vs. regular TCP connections, the former used for
> shared secret requests, the latter for allocate.
> 

-- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Home: [email-masked]
Professional: [email-masked]
Work: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom