Subject: [midcom] Basic question about SAFENeT I-D

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:52:08 +0200

Hi Rick,

I'm re-reading the SAFENeT I-D and have a basic question. It is about
Section 2.4 "The MIDCOM and NSIS Solutions". You say this section is
describes existing solutions on middlebox traversal and configuration.
After reading it again, I still miss a reference to any already
available/existing that refers to a MIDCOM-type solution. How about
the FCP of Jiri Kuthan, MIDCOM MIB, or SIMCO?

The solution described in Section 4.4 "Details of SAFENeT UA Communication
Protocol (SUCP)" will fit to SIPPING working group and not MIDCOM. If not
specified there, or in the SIP working group, already.

I would like to see a clarification on this before we can meet
face to face.

  Martin

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 12:07:24 +0200

> I would like to see a clarification on this before we can meet

A meeting would be a great opportunity for clarifying this and other
issues.

Rick, when would you be available?

Thanks,

    Juergen