Subject: [midcom] Request for a review of the "NAT/Firewall NSIS Signaling Layer Protocol (NSLP) "

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:20:11 +0300

Hi all,

Currently, the NSIS working group is finalizing the "NAT/Firewall NSIS
Signaling 
Layer Protocol (NSLP)" for signaling middleboxes.  The current document
can
be found here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-11.txt

NSIS is working on a path-coupled signaling protocol, to signal nodes
along
the data patch.  As both NAT and Firewalls are along the data path, NSIS
signaling is developing a protocol for allow end nodes to signal these
boxes.

As both BEHAVE and MIDCOM have been working on related issues, I'd like
to
encourage people to read the document and send comments and questions to
the
mailing list - [email-masked].  As long as your subject lines are clearly
marked, I'll enable posting rights so that you don't have to join the
NSIS
mailing list.

Additionally, please try not to cross-post discussion on the other
mailing
lists; unless the BEHAVE & MIDCOM chairs feel that cross-posting would
be beneficial.

thanks,
John 

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom