Subject: [midcom] Updated Internet Draft and performance studies on "SIMCO over SCTP"

From: Sebastian Kiesel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:21:28 +0200

Dear all,

Please find below the announcement for a new version of our Internet
Draft that specifies how to transport SIMCO [RFC 4540] over SCTP.
Changes compared to previous versions of this Internet Draft are only
minor, clarifying one special case, fixing a typo, adding the
identifiers and port numbers registered with IANA, and updating the
references. Any comments are welcome.

We have conducted analytical studies as well as measurements on a
prototype implementation that compare the SIMCO transaction response
time when using TCP or SCTP with different numbers of streams,
respectively. For further information see

http://www.ikr.uni-stuttgart.de/Content/Publications/View/Standalone/FullRecord.html?36515

http://www.ikr.uni-stuttgart.de/Content/Publications/View/Standalone/FullRecord.html?36482

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks,
   Sebastian

-- 
Sebastian Kiesel                University of Stuttgart
Tel: +49 711 685 69017          Institute of Communication Networks and
Fax: +49 711 685 67983          Computer Engineering (IKR, formerly: IND)
[email-masked]     Pfaffenwaldring 47, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:50:01 -0400
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kiesel-midcom-simco-sctp-02.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: SIMCO over SCTP
	Author(s)	: S. Kiesel
	Filename	: draft-kiesel-midcom-simco-sctp-02.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2006-9-26
	
This document specifies how to use SCTP for the transport of the
SIMCO (Version 3.0) protocol.  SIMCO (SImple Middlebox COnfiguration)
is a protocol that implements the MIDCOM semantics.  It can be used
for controlling middleboxes such as firewalls and network address
translators.  SCTP (Stream Control Transmission Protocol) is a
transport layer protocol that is expected to have advantages for this
type of application, compared to TCP, which is the default transport
layer protocol for SIMCO.  The specific requirements for SIMCO when
using SCTP instead of TCP are specified in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kiesel-midcom-simco-sctp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-kiesel-midcom-simco-sctp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kiesel-midcom-simco-sctp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

----- End forwarded message -----

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom