Subject: [midcom] Normative References in draft-ietf-midcom-mib-09

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:41:58 +0200

Hi

In the IESG evaluation of the document it was realized that there was 
three normative references (RFC 3303, RFC 3404, RFC 3989) that are to 
informative documents. These are not allowed unless it can be accepted 
under RFC3967.

I have discussed this with the authors and from our point of view RFC 
3304 can be changed informative reference, it is not required for 
implementing the protocol. However RFC 3989 is clearly required to be 
implemented and that it seems that also RFC 3303 can be consider to be a 
normative reference. Is anyone in the WG disagreeing about this 
classification?

If the WG is agreeing on a classification that contains any 
informational RFCs in the normative section the document will require a 
new IETF last call that calls out these downrefs.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom