Subject: [midcom] Last Call: 'MIDCOM Protocol Semantics' to Proposed Standard (rfc3989)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:15:33 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the midcom WG to consider the 
following document:

- 'MIDCOM Protocol Semantics '
  RFC 3989 as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2006-12-21.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3989.txt

Please note that this document contains 4 normative references:

   [MDC-FRM]   Srisuresh, P., Kuthan, J., Rosenberg, J., Molitor, A.,
               and A. Rayhan, "Middlebox communication architecture and
               framework", RFC 3303, August 2002.

   [MDC-REQ]   Swale, R., Mart, P., Sijben, P., Brim, S., and M. Shore,
               "Middlebox Communications (midcom) Protocol
               Requirements", RFC 3304, August 2002.

   [NAT-TERM]  Srisuresh, P. and M. Holdrege, "IP Network Address
               Translator (NAT) Terminology and Considerations", RFC
               2663, August 1999.

   [NAT-TRAD]  Srisuresh, P. and K. Egevang, "Traditional IP Network
               Address Translator (Traditional NAT)", RFC 3022, January
               2001.

These 4 references to informational documents are not what would be
normally considered normative references in a standards track documents.
This is a result of the propsed reclassification from informational to
proposed standard. Therefore this last call explicitly identifies these as
downrefs. This downref last call according to RFC 3967 shall not be
considred a precedence for using the above reference in the future as
normative references without an last call.

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:10:52 -0500

This is a reminder that the midcom mib is in IETF last call and that
comments should be sent to the IESG by next Thursday (21 December).

Thanks,

Melinda

------ Forwarded Message
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:15:33 -0500
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [midcom] Last Call: 'MIDCOM Protocol Semantics' to Proposed
Standard (rfc3989) 

------ End of Forwarded Message

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:07:32 -0500

This was a brain poot on my part.  It's actually the semantics
document in IETF last call.

Thanks,

Melinda

------ Forwarded Message
From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:10:52 -0500
To: <[email-masked]>
Conversation: Reminder: [midcom] Last Call: 'MIDCOM Protocol Semantics' to
Proposed Standard (rfc3989)
Subject: Reminder: [midcom] Last Call: 'MIDCOM Protocol Semantics' to
Proposed Standard (rfc3989)

Thanks,

Melinda

------ Forwarded Message