Subject: [midcom] RFC 5190 on Definitions of Managed Objects for Middlebox Communication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:47:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5190

        Title:      Definitions of Managed Objects for 
                    Middlebox Communication 
        Author:     J. Quittek, M. Stiemerling, P. Srisuresh
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      92
        Characters: 204929
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-midcom-mib-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5190.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it describes a set of managed objects that allow
configuring middleboxes, such as firewalls and network address 
translators, in order to enable communication across these devices.  
The definitions of managed objects in this documents follow closely 
the MIDCOM semantics defined in RFC 5189.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Middlebox Communication Working Group 
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom