Subject: [Mops] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on charter-ietf-mops-00-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 09:55:28 -0700

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-mops-00-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-mops/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where new protocols are needed, MOPS will identify appropriate venues for
their development."

It doesn't seem to be this WGs call to decide where to do new work.  As
mentioned later in the charter, existing areas/groups already have
responsibility in related spaces.  It should then be up to the relevant
WGs...ADs...the IESG...to determine where new work will take place (if at all).

Given the next to last paragraph...

   ... Media operational and deployment issues with specific protocols or
   technologies...

I think that the sentence above is not needed and may lead do confusion.

---

From: Kyle Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 13:19:13 -0400

> WGs...ADs...the IESG...to determine where new work will take place (if at

How about "help identify candidate venues for their development"? I think
the idea is to make it easier for WG participants to bootstrap the process
of finding an appropriate venue within the IETF for their work.

Kyle

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 00:11:07 +0200

On October 16, 2019 at 1:19:25 PM, Kyle Rose ([email-masked]) wrote:

It doesn't seem to be this WGs call to decide where to do new work.  As
mentioned later in the charter, existing areas/groups already have
responsibility in related spaces.  It should then be up to the relevant
WGs...ADs...the IESG...to determine where new work will take place (if at
all).

That works too.

Thanks!

Alvaro.