Subject: [Mops] Fwd: Video ingest over QUIC

From: Kyle Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 11:42:45 -0400

A relevant draft of potential interest to MOPS participants.

Kyle

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Alan Frindell <afrind=[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 11:37 AM
Subject: Video ingest over QUIC
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Cc: Kirill Pugin <[email-masked]>

Hi, for several years, Facebook has been using its own video ingest
protocol over QUIC from our apps to our infra.  While we’ve spoken about it
before, we just now published a draft documenting how it works:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-kpugin-rush-00.html.

The protocol leverages the advantages of QUIC transport, and features a
partially reliable mode using only QUIC v1 RST_STREAM.

We welcome your feedback

Thanks

-Alan Frindell