Subject: MSDP MIB questions

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:18:33 -0700

A couple of brief MSDP MIB questions:

1. Has anyone implemented the draft -06 or -07 (or, for that matter,
   any version)?  I'm curious if renumbering the OIDs would affect
   anyone.

2. In the Requests table, does it make sense for longest-match to
   happen first, or highest priority first?

3. I'm planning to delete msdpPeerEncapsulationType,
   msdpPeerInNotifications, msdpPeerOutNotifications, msdpPeerLastError
   to reflect evolution of the MSDP spec.  Can anyone think of any other
   changes relevant to the structure of the MIB?

Thanks,
  Bill

---

From: Andrew Kessler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:49:12 -0700 (PDT)

I made up this Cisco multicast network management support matrix awhile ago:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/intsolns/mcst_sol/mibs.htm

It was correct a year ago. 

Andy

  From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>

  

  Thanks,
    Bill

---

From: Andrew Kessler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:49:12 -0700 (PDT)

Andy

  

  
  Thanks,
    Bill