Subject: [MSEC] MSEC meeting summary for group review

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 12:42:43 -0800

Folks,

Below is the meeting summary I am presenting, please send any revisions.

+++++++
MSEC discussed several current deliverables and oddly enough for a 
group that is on its last leg, several new proposals.  It appears 
that some of the proposals are extensions to existing protocols/RFCs, 
which are generally ok; we need to get them documented/published for 
interoperability purposes.  There are however some proposals with new 
goals, e.g., OSPFv3 security, specifically, key management extensions 
to support OSPFv3.  That is out of scope of our charter.

That brings us to cross-area work that I reported here at SAAG 
before: RMT and IPDVB security requirements are two examples.  So, if 
the OSPF WG wants MSEC to do some work, we can discuss it.  I will 
start a conversation with the OSPF WG chairs and go from there.

Another work item that has come up is how to do CTR mode in the 
multi-sender case.  Our charter says "Initial efforts will focus on 
scalable solutions for groups with a single source and a very large 
number of recipients" but does not explicitly rule out the 
multi-sender case.  Perhaps we can take up that item, although I am 
apprehensive about doing that work piece-meal.

Folks are encouraged to finalize proposals for new work before the 
Prague meeting and finalize all work before the Chicago meeting.
+++++++++

Lakshminath

_______________________________________________
MSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/msec