Subject: [MSEC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-composite-group-00.txt (fwd)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 19:55:32 -0500

Hi, 

Although the multicast IPsec composite groups draft did not make the v00 ID 
cutoff date before San Diego, it is now available as an MSEC working group 
experimental track draft. This newest edition adds a security considerations 
section and the appendix has additional usage cases drawn from the IPDVB 
area. 

Your review and comments are welcomed; we would like to move to WGLC with 
the group's comments folded into the v01 edition... 

tia, 

  George and Haitham 

 ----------Forwarded message ---------- 

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-composite-group-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multicast Security Working Group of the 
IETF. 

	Title		: Multicast IP Security Composite Cryptographic Groups
	Author(s)	: G. Gross, H. Cruickshank
	Filename	: draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-composite-group-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-11-6 

  The Multicast IP Security extension architecture [Weis] implicitly
  assumes a basic group endpoint population that shares homogeneous
  cryptographic capabilities and security policies. In practice, large-
  scale cryptographic groups may contain a heterogeneous endpoint
  population that can not be accommodated by that basic multicast IPsec
  architecture. For example, some endpoints may not have been upgraded
  to handle the successor algorithm for one that is being retired (e.g.
  SHA1 transition to SHA-ng). Group deployments that span multiple
  legal jurisdictions may have a different security policy in each
  jurisdiction (e.g. key strength). This document defines the
  "composite cryptographic group" IP security architecture capability.
  A composite cryptographic group allows multicast IPsec applications
  to transparently interact with the single logical group that is
  formed by the union of one or more basic cryptographic groups. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-composite-group-00 
.txt 

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings. 

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-composite-group-00.txt". 

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt 

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail. 

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-composite-group-00.txt". 

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages. 

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft. 

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
MSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/msec