Subject: new drafts of draft-ietf-msgtrk-smtpext-03, trkstat-03

From: Eric Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 15:16:07 -0700

I'll be formally submitting these probably next week, but I wanted to
give folks a chance to catch anything bone-headed first.

eric

---

From: Gregory Neil Shapiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:43:41 -0700

Did you seriously expect me not to have a comment?  :)

eric> <draft-ietf-msgtrk-trkstat-03.txt>

eric> 3.3.3.  Action field

eric> transferred  The  message  has  been  transferred  to another
eric>              MTRK-compliant MTA.  The tracking  agent  SHOULD
eric>              attempt  further "downstream" tracking requests.

Given that chaining can be used, I think that last sentence should read:

  The tracking agent SHOULD attempt further "downstream" tracking requests
  unless that information is given later in chaining responses.

---

From: Eric Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 12:00:37 -0700

: Did you seriously expect me not to have a comment?  :)

Of course not....

: eric> <draft-ietf-msgtrk-trkstat-03.txt>
: 
: eric> 3.3.3.  Action field
: 
: eric> transferred  The  message  has  been  transferred  to another
: eric>              MTRK-compliant MTA.  The tracking  agent  SHOULD
: eric>              attempt  further "downstream" tracking requests.
: 
: Given that chaining can be used, I think that last sentence should read:
: 
:   The tracking agent SHOULD attempt further "downstream" tracking requests
:   unless that information is given later in chaining responses.

Agreed -- I've made the wording changes you suggested.

eric