Subject: Re: Reissue: last call on all working group protocol documents

From: Gregory Neil Shapiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:18:28 -0800

gshapiro> Just a reminder that I had posted comments for mtqp-04 and
gshapiro> model-04.  Tony ack'ed the changes so once the -05 versions of
gshapiro> those two documents are sent to the I-D repository I think we can
gshapiro> move forward with the last call.

I see the new I-D's are out, thanks Tony!

All of my old comments were integrated.  But what good would I be if
I didn't make new ones?  :)

draft-ietf-msgtrk-mtqp-05.txt states:

+1.2.  Changes Made for -06
+Added opt-parameter to STARTTLS and description.
+
+1.3.  Changes Made for -05

But the STARTTLS optional parameter was added to the -05 version, not the
-06 version.  I don't think this really matters for last call.

Unfortunately, this one should be fixed before last call:

+     option identifier: STARTTLS
+     option parameters: none
+     added commands: STARTTLS
+     standard commands affected: none
+     specification reference: RFC TBD
+     discussion: see RFC TBD

I think "option parameters" should list the optional [hostname] parameter.
Also, do we need to define "hostname" in section 12?

     starttls-command = "STARTTLS" [hostname] CRLF

I had used opt-text instead of [hostname] in patch I mailed to avoid this.

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 23:06:18 -0500

To make it more confusing, you'll soon be seeing the real -05 that
should have shown up in January appearing (probably tomorrow), followed
by the real -06 versions that were supposed to come out today. :-(

More below.

> I think "option parameters" should list the optional [hostname] parameter.

Yes, it should be listed. I think it can be fixed during last call,
though.

> I had used opt-text instead of [hostname] in patch I mailed to avoid this.

It's already defined. In the intro, it says that any ABNF leafs not
defined in this doc will be found in one of four other documents.
Hostname is defined in one of those.

	Tony

---

From: Gregory Neil Shapiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:17:58 -0700

>> +     discussion: see RFC TBD

gshapiro> I think "option parameters" should list the optional [hostname]
gshapiro> parameter.

tony> Yes, it should be listed. I think it can be fixed during last call,
tony> though.

I must apologize -- I was wrong on this one.  This block is documenting the
capability, not the command.  The capability doesn't have parameters, the
command does.  Sorry about that.