Subject: RFC 3888 on Message Tracking Model and Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:17:52 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 3888

         Title:      Message Tracking Model and Requirements
         Author(s):  T. Hansen
         Status:     Informational
         Date:       September 2004
         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
         Pages:      11
         Characters: 20950
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-msgtrk-model-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3888.txt

Customers buying enterprise message systems often ask: Can I track the
messages?  Message tracking is the ability to find out the path that a
particular message has taken through a messaging system and the
current routing status of that message.  This document provides a
model of message tracking that can be used for understanding the
Internet-wide message infrastructure and to further enhance those
capabilities to include message tracking, as well as requirements for
proposed message tracking solutions.

This document is a product of the Message Tracking Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.