Subject: [multimob] Proposal for a work item agenda

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 19:18:45 +0100

Thomas

I'm still hoping to be at the conference call - but there could possibly 
be a conflict, but let's keep the charter discussion going on the list 
as well....

My questions at the moment are:

- can we add a list of draft names to the milestones (where documents 
exist)?

- is the multi-homing a milestone for the original charter and one
for which we expect a draft at the BoF?  or is it proposed future work 
for the WG?

Best wishes,

Gorry

---

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 22:38:23 +0200

Hi Gorry,

> be a conflict, but let's keep the charter discussion going on the list 

I won't make it ... so I'll be bound to the list ;)

> - can we add a list of draft names to the milestones (where documents 

yes, that's actually easy (if we omit the many PS / Req drafts).

I know of drafts for the following work items:

  2. MLD extensions for enhanced mobile multicast services: Experimental /
     standards track document on additional MLD functions that improve 
multicast
     in the mobile regime (e.g., listener hold, etc.).

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-asaeda-multimob-igmp-mld-mobility-extensions

  5. Multicast listener optimizations in PMIPv6 (+ extensions) domains:
     Experimental / standards track document on additional multicast +
     mobility functions for traffic optimization in PMIPv6 and emerging
     extensions.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asaeda-multimob-pmip6-extension-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sijeon-netlmm-mms-pmip6-01.txt
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-yang-multimob-mip6-mc-tunnel-opt-00.txt

  6. Multicast listener extensions for MIPv6 Fast Handovers:  Experimental
     / standards track document on multicast extensions in FMIPv6.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-suh-mipshop-fmcast-mip6-00
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-multicast-01.txt

  7. Multicast listener extensions for Hierarchical MIPv6:  Experimental
     / standards track document on multicast extensions in HMIPv6.

http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-schmidt-waehlisch-mhmipv6-04.txt

> for which we expect a draft at the BoF?  or is it proposed future work 

This I don't know: actually, it does not appear particularly difficult 
to tackle ... but I haven't heard of anybody working on a document.

Best,

Thomas
-- 

Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° Hamburg University of Applied Sciences                   Berliner Tor 7 °
° Dept. Informatik, Internet Technologies Group    20099 Hamburg, Germany °
° http://www.haw-hamburg.de/inet                   Fon: +49-40-42875-8452 °
° http://www.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~schmidt    Fax: +49-40-42875-8409 °

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 13:59:13 -0700 (PDT)

Here is a more complete list:
 Proposal for Multimob roadmap

1. MLD over Wireless: BCP document on deployment of RFC 2710/3376 and RFC 3810
    with configurations optimized for wireless.
2. MLD extensions for enhanced mobile multicast services: Experimental /
    standards track document on additional MLD functions that improve multicast
    in the mobile regime (e.g., listener hold, etc.).
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-asaeda-multimob-igmp-mld-mobility-extensions

3. Multicast listener deployment for multihomed mobile nodes: BCP document on
    multicast operations in the presence of multihoming

4. Multicast listener deployment in PMIPv6: BCP document to describe minimal
    deployment for PMIPv6 remote subscription.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gundavelli-multimob-pmip6basicmcast-solution-00.txt 
5. Multicast listener optimizations in PMIPv6 (+ extensions) domains:
    Experimental / standards track document on additional multicast +
    mobility functions for traffic optimization in PMIPv6 and emerging
    extensions.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asaeda-multimob-pmip6-extension-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sijeon-netlmm-mms-pmip6-01.txt
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-yang-multimob-mip6-mc-tunnel-opt-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhao-multimob-pmip6-solution-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-deng-multimob-mip4-00.txt
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-xia-multimob-hybrid-00.txt
6. Multicast listener extensions for MIPv6 Fast Handovers:  Experimental
    / standards track document on multicast extensions in FMIPv6.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-suh-mipshop-fmcast-mip6-00
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-multicast-01.txt
7. Multicast listener extensions for Hierarchical MIPv6:  Experimental
    / standards track document on multicast extensions in HMIPv6.
    
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-schmidt-waehlisch-mhmipv6-04.txt
This draft is on Nemo multicast extension:
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-von-hugo-multimob-agents-02.txt
8. Transparent multicast transmission from mobile nodes: Experimental
    / standards track document for a basic mobile multicast sender support.