Subject: [multimob] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment-02]

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:02:59 +0200

Dear all,

we have just submitted an update of 
draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment, please see 
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment-02.txt

This draft was introduced and discussed in and around Stockholm and 
provides guidelines for a minimal deployment of semi-optimized multicast 
on PMIPv6 domains by *using standard protocols only*.

The current update includes

  * replacing the dependence on the p-t-p wireless link model (link state
    trigger) - use Rtr sol instead, which works on arbitrary link models

  * editorial improvements & minor fixes.

Please help us with comments to improve the document: We will try to 
include your suggestions in an update prior to Hiroshima, where we have 
asked for a presentation slot to present & discuss the document in detail.

Best regards & see you in Hiroshima

Thomas

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment-02
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 01:45:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: 
[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, 
draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment-02.txt has been 
successfuly submitted by Thomas Schmidt and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment
Revision:	 02
Title:		 A Minimal Deployment Option for Multicast Listeners in PMIPv6 
Domains
Creation_date:	 2009-10-16
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 12

Abstract:
This document describes deployment options for activating multicast
listener functions in Proxy Mobile IPv6 domains without modifying
mobility and multicast protocol standards.  Similar to Home Agents in
Mobile IPv6, PMIPv6 Local Mobility Anchors serve as multicast
subscription anchor points, while Mobile Access Gateways provide MLD
proxy functions.  In this scenario, Mobile Nodes remain agnostic of
multicast mobility operations.

The IETF Secretariat.

-- 

Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° Hamburg University of Applied Sciences                   Berliner Tor 7 °
° Dept. Informatik, Internet Technologies Group    20099 Hamburg, Germany °
° http://www.haw-hamburg.de/inet                   Fon: +49-40-42875-8452 °
° http://www.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~schmidt    Fax: +49-40-42875-8409 °