Subject: Re: [multrans] Comments on draft-jaclee-behave-v4v6-mcast-ps-01

From: 彭军 Lightning Peng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:41:19 +0800

The use cases in 3.4.  Mono-Stack Multicast Delivery Infrastructure just
involve Translation Cases and Traversal Cases, but I think another case in
draft-tsou-v6ops-multicast-transition-v6only-01 should be included. In order
to have good performance of 4.1 Fast Zapping, either Translation function or
Traversal function is avoided in
draft-tsou-v6ops-multicast-transition-v6only-01.

Best Regards!

Lightning Peng
Phone: +86 755 28978851
Mobile: +86 15989362410

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Taylor [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 6:55 PM
To: Lee, Yiu
Cc: [email-masked]; BOUCADAIR Mohamed OLNC/NAD/TIP;
Jacni Qin; Tina TSOU
Subject: Re: Comments on draft-jaclee-behave-v4v6-mcast-ps-01

I'll mention that I have many purely editorial comments at the micro 
level (e.g., better ways to say some things in English, spelling out of 
acronyms and abbreviations on first use). Christian, you can advise me 
on the form in which you want to see this: as an XML file, by marked-up 
text, or whatever.

My primary concern is that the current organization lacks focus because 
it considers the delivery infrastructures without separating the 
concerns posed by source and group address acquisition, interworking and 
forwarding of control messages, and distribution of content. In 
addition, requirements seem to be scattered through the document rather 
than grouped in one place.

Just looking at the table of contents, I have these proposals:

a) Instead of 2. Discussion, you should have 2. Service Requirements. 
This is the part the operator owns.

b) 4.1 Fast Zapping, 4.5 SLA Considerations, 4.6 Load Balancing, and 4.7 
Bandwidth Consumption should all be moved into the Service Requirements 
section. If there is material there that belongs in later sections it 
can be extracted and moved.

c) Section 4 should be organized into three subsections:
    -- Group and Source Discovery Considerations
    -- Control Signalling and Multicast Tree Computation
    -- Content Distribution
The benefit of doing this is that features common to the various use 
cases may emerge where they do not at present because grouping 
everything together makes every case seem to be unique.

d) Within these subsections, the implications of the different use cases 
should be explored. That probably means grabbing some of the content 
from Section 3.

Tom

---

From: Jacni Qin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:57:24 +0800

hi Peng,

Thanks for your comments,

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 3:41 PM, 彭军 Lightning Peng <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> draft-tsou-v6ops-multicast-transition-v6only-01 should be included.

Jacni>: Sorry, I don't follow here, which use case do you mean?

Cheers,
Jacni

> In order