Subject: Re: [multrans] Question on IPV4/IPV6 Multicast interoperability

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 00:39:02 +0000

Ghanashyam,
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tsou-multrans-addr-acquisition/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhou-multrans-af1-specification/
Running code exists.
Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Tina TSOU
http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ghanashyam Satpathy
Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2011 3:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Question on IPV4/IPV6 Multicast interoperability

Hello,

I have a question on IPV4/IPV6 Multicast interoperability. We have succesfully upgraded our application(Windows Based) to support IPV6 and faced issue on multicast interoperability. Multicast messages sent by a IPV6 server is successfully receved by a client running on IPV6. But any client running on IPV4 is not able to receive the message.

Quite a no. of things I tried like using IPV4 mapped IPV6 address and V4 embeded V6 adress.But nothing seems to be working.Would like to know an unified way so that one multicast message sent by an IPV6 server should be received by both V6 and V4 client.

Would be great if somebody can send some code snippet(C/C++) on it.

Thanks.

Ghanashyam