Subject: New draft version : draft-ekstein-nasreq-protcomp-01.txt

From: Ronnie Ekstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 14:25:29 +0100

hi *,

we have recently submitted draft-ekstein-nasreq-protcomp-01txt. The
draft gives a protocol comparison between the RADIUS, DIAMETER and COPS
protocols. Although it has been submitted to the nasreq group, we think
it might be of interest for the aaa WG too.

We would be happy to receive improvements/comments on this document.

Abstract
--------

The purpose of this draft  is  to  provide  an  extensive  comparison
between  the  RADIUS,  DIAMETER  and  COPS  protocols  as  these  are
positioned as generic Authentication,  Authorization  and  Accounting
(AAA)  protocols.  The  protocols  will  further be verified on their
compliance to the NAS requirements described  in  [TBA]  and  roaming
requirements described in RFC 2477.

The NAS requirements are today not addressed, but will be so when they
stabilise.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ekstein-nasreq-protcomp-01.txt

This is at large 'work in progress' and we solicit any input that might
help us to improve the quality of the draft.

Kind regards,

Ronnie Ekstein
Yves T'Joens
Bernard Sales
Olivier Paridaens