Subject: nasreq RFC 2881 on NASreq NAS Model

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:29:39 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2881

        Title:	    Network Access Server Requirements Next Generation
                    (NASREQNG) NAS Model
        Author(s):  D. Mitton, M. Beadles
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       July 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 45024
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nesreq-nasmodel-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2881.txt

This document describes the terminology and gives a model of typical
Network Access Server (NAS).  The purpose of this effort is to set the
reference space for describing and evaluating NAS service protocols,
such as RADIUS (RFCs 2865, 2866) [1], [2] and follow-on efforts like
AAA Working Group, and the Diameter protocol [3].  These are protocols
for carrying user service information for authentication,
authorization, accounting, and auditing, between a Network Access
Server which desires to authenticate its incoming calls and a shared
authentication server. 

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.