Subject: nasreq New draft for RADIUS dynamic authorization

From: "Murtaza S. Chiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 14:53:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authentication, Authorization and
Accounting Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Dynamic Authorization
        Author(s)       : M. Chiba, M. Eklund
        Filename        :
draft-chiba-radius-dynamic-authorization-00.txt
        Pages           : 6
        Date            : November 2000
        
This document describes the current practices for dynamically 
changing a users authorization information on the NAS and it also 
proposes extensions to allow for all RADIUS[1] attributes to be used.
The current practices and the proposed extensions use a reverse 
RADIUS protocol, in which the NAS listens on a UDP port for 
RADIUS-like messages initiated from a client.  These reverse RADIUS 
messages contain authorization information and could also request 
the disconnect of a user.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chiba-radius-dynamic-authorization-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-chiba-radius-dynamic-authorization-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-chiba-radius-dynamic-authorization-00.txt".
        
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.