Subject: Re: [nemo] MR definition

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 16:38:47 -0600

>
>
>As far as admission control is concerned, I don't think we have to change
>anything in DIAMETER for host-AR authentication, or for MR-AR
>authentication. Accounting is a different story.. NEMO might move from
>cheaper access network to a more expensive access network. NEMO
>does not have to authenticate the hosts again, but does it want to
>increase the rates that are applied to the hosts? Does it want to inform
>them?
>  
>
It seems that AAA can normally not handle these types of changes but 
there is a draft reflecting from the current practice implemented in 
RADIUS servers that allows dynamic changes to a user session 
(draft-chiba-radius). So maybe we can assume that AAA has this capability.

  We also need to identify where NAS can be placed, but I am not sure if 
MR or HA would be better?

Regards,
--behcet