Subject: [nemo] new draft on MNP delegation for NEMO networks

From: Pekka =?iso-8859-1?Q?P��kk�nen?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 08:49:10 +0200

I think you're right about the requirements for prefix delegation.
I wasn't sure that DHCPv6 could be used in a mobile environment without 
problems.
This was due to my misinterpreting the MIPv6 draft about link-local 
addressing. I guess
DHCPv6 can be used through a tunnel to the HA with link-local addresses, if
the HA has locally a DHCPv6 server/relay and no forwarding at the HA takes 
place.

Pekka

At 20:08 31.3.2003 +0200, Erik Nordmark wrote:
> > I have submitted a new draft on Mobile Network Prefix (MNP) delegation
> > related to
> > mobile networks. The draft proposes that MNP delegation should occur 
> between
> > a MR and its HA, and defines a MIPv6 extension for it. With this extension
> > it is possible for the MR to dynamically delegate MNPs when at home or away
> > from home. I hope that the draft causes discussion on MNP delegation 
> related
> > to NEMO networks.
>
>I'm trying to understand how mobility makes the requirements on prefix
>delegation different than in the non-mobile case?
>It seems like the lifetime of the delegations are independent of the movements
>thus wouldn't whatever works for IPv6 in general work in the Nemo case?
>(Such as draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-prefix-delegation-03.txt)
>
>   Erik