Subject: Exiting the NETCONF subsystem

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:34:09 +0530

Hi All,
  I have one query regarding "Exiting the NETCONF Subsystem".

1. Exiting the NETCONF Subsystem

    section4 of draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-01.txt  states

    "Exiting NETCONF is accomplished using the <kill-session> operation.
    When a <kill-session> command is issued by the manager, the agent
    shall respond, terminate the SSH session, and close the TCP
connection."

         The question is whether the manager has to issue <kill-session>
command or  <close-session> command for exiting the NETCONF subsystem.

Thanks & Regards,
V.Sarma

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:32:11 -0400

Hi Vedula,

You should use the <close-session> command to cleanly exit a NETCONF session.

The <close-session> command was added to the base specification after 
the last revision of the NETCONF SSH specification.  I will be 
changing this in the next revision of the NETCONF SSH specification 
(hopefully before the San Diego cut-off).

Thanks,
Margaret