Subject: Note to I-D authors/editors: cutoff dates; new I-D guidelines

From: Simon Leinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 14:59:42 +0200

Here are the cut-off dates for the upcoming 60th IETF meeting:

  Mon Jul 12, 0900 EDT: cutoff for initial (-00) I-D submissions
  Mon Jul 19, 0900 EDT: final cutoff for I-D submission

In addition, please note that the I-D boilerplate was updated
recently.  In this context, the following recent announcement from the
IESG is helpful:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The IESG has emitted new versions of the following guideline documents:

"Guidelines to authors of Internet-Drafts"
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt

which has been updated to reflect the new IPR policy RFCs (3667 and 3668):
Note that in this process, we discovered a bug in one of the RFCs; the document 
ontains a temporary fix, but the details of a permanent fix are still being 
worked out on the IPR WG list.

"Checklist for Internet-Drafts submitted for RFC publication"
http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html

This has had a more thorough review/revision, and should be re-read by all 
participants. Note in particular the new language about IANA considerations.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you use the xml2rfc toolset from http://xml.resource.org/ , you
basically have to upgrade to the most recent version of the tool, and
use the right declarations to select the most suitable variant of
boilerplate.

Regards,
-- 
Simon.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>