Subject: NIT: NETCONF over SSH

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:29:06 -0400

hi

XMLCONF is used instead of NETCONF in the following paragraph in the
Introduction of the SSH draft. It also showed up in 3 or 4 other places in
the draft when I did a search.

"The NETCONF protocol [I-D.ietf-netconf-prot] is an XML-based protocol
    used to manage the configuration of networking equipment.  NETCONF is
    defined to be session-layer and transport independent, allowing
    mappings to be defined for multiple session-layer or transport
    protocols.  This document defines how XMLCONF can be used within a
    Secure Shell (SSH) session, using the SSH connection protocol
    [I-D.ietf-secsh-connect] over the SSH transport protocol
    [I-D.ietf-secsh-transport].  This mapping will allow NETCONF to be
    executed from a secure shell session by a user or a simple script."

Sharon Chisholm
Portfolio Integration
Nortel Networks
Ottawa, Canada

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>