Subject: Notification Implementations?

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 07:02:38 -0700

Hi,

As we get ready to submit the NETCONF Notifications draft
to the IESG, the issue of implementations and document completeness
will come up.

I would like to know if anybody is implementing the notifications draft,
or has definite plans to implement it when it becomes an RFC.
It certainly helps the approval process to say people are interested
and implementing, and even better to say the draft is complete enough
that some people already implemented it.

Please answer privately if you do not want to announce product plans
on a mailing list.

thanks,
Andy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 17:18:12 +0200 (CEST)

> that some people already implemented it.

We plan to implement it.  I also think the draft (07 I hope) is
implementable.

/martin

---

From: Gregorio Martinez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 17:45:42 +0200

Hi Andy, hi all,

we plan to implement it in one/two months in the latest version available by that time. The work will be done by someone who has already implemented 
the WS-Eventing specification, so possibly some feedback could be provided.

Kind regards, Gregorio

Gregorio Martinez, PhD
University of Murcia (UMU), Spain

---

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:55:38 -0400

Hi

We have two implementations of a much earlier version of the draft. We
are planning migrating those implementations as well supporting this
version in additional products as schedules permit.

Sharon 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Andy Bierman
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 10:03 AM
To: Netconf (E-mail)
Subject: Notification Implementations?

Hi,

As we get ready to submit the NETCONF Notifications draft to the IESG,
the issue of implementations and document completeness will come up.

I would like to know if anybody is implementing the notifications draft,
or has definite plans to implement it when it becomes an RFC.
It certainly helps the approval process to say people are interested and
implementing, and even better to say the draft is complete enough that
some people already implemented it.

Please answer privately if you do not want to announce product plans on
a mailing list.

thanks,
Andy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 09:33:07 -0700

> version in additional products as schedules permit.

good.
It is also great to be able to say 2 non-authors are also
independently implementing it soon.  We will hopefully get some feedback
on the operational factors and any holes in the spec.

My biggest concern is that we have some overly-complicated
features for logging and replay of notifications, and somehow
do not have any notification content at all to put in the
NETCONF stream.

I guess when implementations show up, we will see where there
is commonality in the content and perhaps manage to design
a standard config-change notification, and maybe even a couple more
configuration related notifications.

Andy