Subject: Re: [Netconf] Thank you for advising NETCONF

From: "Bert Wijnen \(IETF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 00:04:55 +0200

Charlie, also thanks from the NETCONF WG chairs and the WG participants.

Tim, welcome to the WG. We have a serious need for security help now that
we are working on the Netconf Access Control Model. We hope you can
review our document(s) with a viepoint of a security Ad, and then guide
us with text that will meet all the requirements from the ecurity Point of view.
Hopefully right off the bat once we hand it to the IESG.

Bert and Mehmet
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
To: "Charlie Kaufman" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Polk, William T." <[email-masked]>; "Sean Turner"
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:38 PM
Subject: Thank you for advising NETCONF

Hi Charlie,

I would like to express you the thanks of the OPS Area and of the
NETCONF WG for the fine job that you did for many years as Technical
Advisor on security issues. Your contribution was important for the
success of NETCONF.

As you expressed your intention to move on to other assignments, the
Security AD's decided to assign a new Security Advisor for NETCONF in
the person of Tim Polk. Although this change comes into effect today
your detailed comments and review of the ACM I-D will be taken into
consideration (they were actually discussed in the WG session today) and
we hope that you will continue to follow the NETCONF work and advise
using the mail list.

Best Regards,

Dan