Subject: [Netconf] [Netconf Query] Query on Netconf <edit-config> merge operation

From: Rohit A Pobbathi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:33:56 +0530

Hi,

I have a query regarding <edit-config> merge operation behaviour.

Merge Operation Context from RFC:

merge:  The configuration data identified by the element
            containing this attribute is merged with the configuration
            at the corresponding level in the configuration datastore
            identified by the <target> parameter.  This is the default
            behavior.

If the configuration data (identified by the element containing this
attribute) does not exist, then :

1) should the merge operation ADD the configuration data to the
configuration data store ?

OR

2) should the merge operation return an error such as "data-missing" ?

Please confirm the above.

Regards,

Rohit

****************************************************************************
***********
This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:08:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> configuration data store ?

Yes.

/martin