Subject: [Netconf] RFC 6243 on With-defaults Capability for NETCONF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 12:46:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6243

        Title:      With-defaults Capability for NETCONF 
        Author:     A. Bierman, B. Lengyel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 51568
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6243.txt

The Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) defines ways to read and
edit configuration data from a NETCONF server.  In some cases, part
of this data may not be set by the NETCONF client, but rather a
default value known to the server is used instead.  In many
situations the NETCONF client has a priori knowledge about default
data, so the NETCONF server does not need to save it in a NETCONF
configuration datastore or send it to the client in a retrieval
operation reply.  In other situations the NETCONF client will need
this data from the server.  Not all server implementations treat this
default data the same way.  This document defines a capability-based
extension to the NETCONF protocol that allows the NETCONF client to
identify how defaults are processed by the server, and also defines
new mechanisms for client control of server processing of default
data.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC